I came across today's Raspberry Ricotta Ice Cream in my latest issue of Whole Living. It's a FAN-tasic magazine...I keep every issue on my counter next to my cook books and find endless uses for the healthy, quick and practical meals in it. Since we are now officially a few days away from the Fourth of July (for those of us stateside)...I thought this would be a great tutorial for a quick yet impressive dessert to shower upon your guests over the holiday.
I can't wait to serve it for a mini-summer get together soon enough, as it's the perfect warm weather treat! Those colors just make me want to frolic on the beach...and it tastes divine, very refreshing.
An Ice Cream Maker
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup light or normal ricotta
1/2 cup sugar (you can reduce it if you watch your sugar intake or try using stevia to taste)
1 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of salt (sea salt or himalayan salt tastes best)
1 tsp-1 Tbs lemon zest (the more you use, the more tangy it is....)
Waffle cones (optional)
*buy organic if your budget and lifestyle allow, it tastes better and is better for you*
1. Night before: Prep your ice cream maker in whatever way it's instruction manual describes.
2. Mix all the ingredients (above video) together in a large bowl.
3. Pour the mixture into your properly prepared ice cream maker.
4. Let roll 25 minutes or however long is recommended for your ice cream maker.
5. In the last 3-5 minutes of the roll, slowly add whole fresh raspberries.
6. Scoop out and serve (for softer ice cream) OR place in a covered container in freezer overnight for harder ice cream.
What's your favorite summer treat? Leave a comment below with a link or recipe! Let's share the sugar love!