Mint Week: Color Palettes
Welcome to Mint Week! I'm very excited about the many ideas, treasures and inspirations I have to share with you. I'm hoping you'll leave me lots of comments with your own ideas as well!
To kick the week off I wanted to explore mint as a color. The other day I scooped up all my jars of buttons and curled up on my couch. I carefully placed different colors with mint to see what spoke to me the most. The following mood boards are what I came up with...I really truly enjoyed putting these together for you. It's a tremendous feeling to create something while paying homage to other artists and talented designers.
I hope you enjoy them...and hopefully find them helpful for your decorating, designing and wedding planning needs :)
When I first became engaged back in November, I was determined to have a teal, mint, beige and mustard yellow wedding. In the end, I decided to go a more simple route editing it down to grey, deep teal, cream and white. It WAS lovely, but I do regret not having been more bold. That's why I adore this mood board. Mint and yellow together just screams vintage. It reminds me of Peter Rabbit and magical tea parties from my childhood.
3. Chic Modern Chair from Anthropologie
4. Country Inspired Bedroom from Martha Stewart
5. Mint Tea Tray from Citrus and Orange Photo: Unknown
6. Retro Yellow and Mint Dress from Gearbox Vintage Photo: Gearbox Vintage
After putting this collection together I could have sworn I smelled watermelon and grapefruits in the air. I never really loved pink until I discovered how beautiful it looks with coral...when you add mint into the dynamic? Amazing. By the way, if you don't already know about Caitlyn Wilson Design...you should really pop over and take a peek. She's the one responsible for that lovely coral cushioned chair.
1. Coral Cushion Chair from Caitlyn Wilson Design
2. Clay Heart Dishes from Darrielle's Clay Art
7. Watercolor Plate from Anthropologie
I'm really diggin' on these hues. I'm serious...school girl crush style. It's currently 12:11am here in Portland, Oregon but I am now imagining that I'm on a sailboat heading towards my private Island off the coast of Maine. Anyone want to join me?
2. Celestial Coasters from Anthropologie
5. Colorblock Skirt from Anthropologie
8. Dreamy Table Setting from Martha Stewart
Ah, green. I've always loved the shade and maybe it's been more intently on my mind since I've been drinking so much vegetable juice. I wish I could report to you that vegetable juice is yummy...alas, it's...vegetable juice. However, these colors are very pleasing to the eye and fitting for us to finish up on since this week is all about different ways to use green!
1. Sweet Green Dress from Anthropologie
2. Floral Pillow from Lynne's This and That
3. Mint and White Church from Madden Photography
5. Mint Balloons and Sage Vest from Mojos Pa Style
6. Thrifted Vintage Book and Soap Dish Photo: Jenni Kupelian
7. Rosette Stud Earrings from Earrings Nation
8. Green, Sage and Mint Hallway from Martha Stewart
We'll be exploring some great mint inspired styles for your closet tomorrow, DAY 2 of Mint Week. I've included luxe items from top designers and also more affordable look alikes for the every day working gal! See you then!
Remember...sharing a link or grabbing a BUTTON FOR YOUR BLOG about MINT WEEK automatically enters YOU in a contest to win a great vintage find from my shopping adventures this week. Leave a comment letting me know how you shared and get entered in the drawing!